For this week’s exercise I just simply created a serial connection that sends data from a single analog input to a p5 sketch. The result looks like this, and I REALLY wish I could figure out how to get this video to not show up sideways. But alas:
It was all actually quite simple. The other exercise in Serial had me sending bluetooth commands from a simple iPhone app that would be received by the Arduino. The iPhone sends one byte at a time, and the Arduino patiently waits to receive a byte before acting.
The robot is starting to take shape – I used foam core to hot glue a ‘frame’ together and started playing with steppers. I found some cheap steppers that apparently didn’t like the standard arduino Stepper library, but with some googling, and the help of this tutorial (http://42bots.com/tutorials/28byj-48-stepper-motor-with-uln2003-driver-and-arduino-uno/) I found an external library that works well with the steppers I had. After some tinkering with speed rates, acceleration rates, and steps, I started to get some movement.